A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE CONGREGATION OF THE FRANCISCAN SISTERS OF ST. ANNA
The congregation of the Franciscan sisters of St. Anna was founded in Oudenbosch Netherlands on the 26th of July 1838 the feast of Sts. Joachim and St. Anna. It is a congregation was originally a Diocesan Right by the Decree of Vicar Apostolic of Breda His Lordship Van Hooydonk. It descends from the Penitents Recollectines of Leuvain who in 1697 followed the reform of Limburg of Mother Johanna of Jesus who followed the Spirituality of the Third Oder Regular of St. Francis of Assisi. The Congregation attained Pontifical Status in June 2010.
In Netherlands, the sisters were engaged in the Apostolates like teaching,
caring for the sick, looking after the poor and dedicated themselves to the education of the girl child, teaching them literacy, useful arts and crafts.
New Missions in Africa
The Region of Kenya was founded Read More